Monday, June 20, 2011

Movie Review: Crazy little thing called love

Crazy little thing called love


Starring: Mario Maurer and Fern Pimhanok aka Baifern



Plot
The 14 year old girl Nam is unattractive or in simple terms...ugly. But she's always been secretly in love with an older guy in grade 10 called Chon, the most popular student in high school. He's hot, perfect and generous, and that what makes girls go crazy about him, including Nam too. But she doesn't give up easily. She tries to do everything to get her noticed by the boy she loves, in the hope of him turning around to look at her just one more time.




"For three years, I have done everything. I changed because of you. I applied for classical dancing club, I acted on a play, I became a drum major, I studied harder - it's all because of you. But now I know, the thing I should have done instead - the only thing I should have done a long time ago - is to tell you that...I love you" - Nam


Trailer:


 

One of the cutest, most kakakilig movie I ever saw. I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago and this movie made me cry a lot, unrequited love and all. This movie is about a girl Nam, an ugly high school girl who fell in live with P'Shone the school's most handsome guy. Thus, making it "everybody's love story" (the story's tagline btw) you know the ordinary story of high school students where miss unpopular fell in love with mr. heartthrob/all-that. I kinda relive my high school days while watching it; i was just like Nam; dark-skinned, ugly, skinny and insecure (i'm not being too harsh on myself, it's true) and I remember when I had my first crush in high school. He's in third year and 2 years older than me, the typical tall, fair-skinned and chinito guy high school girls go gaga for. I nearly did everything just to get a glimpse of him, yes it includes going to the clinic (faking headache or whatever) whenever he's out for his P.E. class, and did I even get him to notice me? NO. I remember being so effing happy when my friends told me that he and his girl called it off. WTF I thought I had a chance. I remember myself asking for his number despite being so shy, and when I got his number we texted for a few days and then he told me this "don't put all your attention on me there are a lot of guys out there" and something like this "I still love S***** blah, blah, blah" that ends my fantasy of him and I together. Of course I still like him and still get a glimpse of him then but us together I know it won't happen anymore.(but don't feel sad for me ok? everything's all in the past now. I'm not hurting anymore) So this movie is not my story after all. Yes I was ugly and yes he was handsome but no he didn't fell for me. He never liked me unlike P'Shone who is already in love with Nam even before she started changing for him. I also tried to change for the better hoping he'd like me, but I didn't change that fast. I took me more than 3 years and i'm not even 100x better that I was back in high school. I didn't even became fair skinned over the years but WTH i'm now this sun kissed skinned girl that will surely melt your popsicle. :)) (though at some point I saw myself as Nam, as an ugly girl determined to change for the better because of love). But still even if my story didn't end up like that I still recommend that you watch this movie.



Rating:  (Because of the 'kilig' it gave me and Mario Maurer!)


7 comments:

  1. thankyou so much for following me! really appreciate it :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie too, sooo high school! ;)and oh thanks for following me, followed you back :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this movie too and i made a review on my blog. thanks for the follow btw. i followed you back as well. will wait for your next posts!

    much love,
    http://gelleesh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds interesting! :)

    http://linhstar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.O I love this movie...LITERALLY! I saw it advertised somewhere but I come from England so I looked everywhere for it but finally was able to watch it ^_^
    Because of this you now have 1 new follower :D
    You should check out my blog sometime

    http://darad-xx.blogspot.com/

    Dara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. watched this movie, a feel good movie. ^_^

    http://poptartselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete